Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Chapter Twenty-four, BRING IT ON!



Each year that I celebrate my birthday, I don't just throw a party, eat some cake and celebrate with my favorite people but I also try to celebrate the lessons learned in that year. I know many people in my life don't like celebrating their birthdays but I am the total opposite. I love celebrating my birthday!! Not just for the presents, love and cake (YUMMY!) but also for the fact that I get to see myself in a new light, celebrate a year of growth and learn more about who I am.

It's important to always discover who you are and what feels good for you. I'm slowly learning that being a twenty something isn't always easy, especially when you have big decisions to make but I'm also learning that these years are so crucial to who you become later in life. Setting standards, making mistakes, learning lessons and discovering what you need and what you want are all crucial aspects that play a very important part in who you become later on down the road.

As my birthday celebrations came to an end on Sunday, I took the time to really reflect on all that has happened in the last year and what I want to take away from it. Someone very close to me once said, "don't let it be other people's opinions and judgments that drive you to make change. Instead, make change because YOU want to make the change."

Thank you chapter twenty-three for the adventures, challenges, heartbreaks & lessons. I'm a better person because of it all.

Chapter twenty-four, BRING IT ON!



No comments:

Post a Comment