Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

FAB FIVE IDEAS FOR A CALM CHRISTMAS SEASON

Christmas is such a crazy season. I feel like this year Christmas just snuck up on me. I hate the feeling of being rushed and not being able to actually enjoy the season and what it's really about. 

Over the years, as I've gotten older and have had to start buying presents for family and friends, I've always tried to create a calm season for myself. I've given myself plenty of time to get organized and that way I'm less stressed about the gifts and more focused on enjoying the time with my family and friends.  

MY FAB FIVE IDEAS FOR A CALM CHRISTMAS SEASON:

1. Make a list and a budget. And check it twice. Make sure you are not putting yourself in a compromising position to ensure people get gifts from you. 

2.  Look into doing DIY gift ideas that are creative, easy to do and beautiful. For example, I have a very large extended family and so this year I opted to do a DIY gift that I got from Pinterest. It's easy to do, cost effective and a beautiful piece they'll have from me. 

3. As you buy the gifts, wrap them! If you do a small amount of wrapping at a time, you won't feel so overwhelmed when you have to sit for hours and wrap ALL the gifts you got.  BUY IT, WRAP & LABEL IT. 

4. Be prepared with just in case gifts. These are the gift sets, boxes of seasonal candies, cookies or chocolates that you can purchase at a cost that won't break the bank for those times when someone you didn't expect to get you a gift, hands you a gift (even though they didn't last year when you gave them a gift..). This way you looked prepared and don't have to feel the guilt. 

5. Shop around! I know it's so time consuming, the malls are crazy with crowds and this winter weather in Toronto doesn't help either but if you shop around, look online and do your homework, it'll pay off for you and your bank account. For example, I start my list and start researching my ideas in the beginning of November. 

What do you do to be Christmas ready?? Do you have tips for yourself? Share. Comment. 
-Xo




No comments:

Post a Comment