Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday Tips:"How to Remember."



There are a million and one things running through our minds in a day. Statistically it's more like 50,000-70,000, but  I'm pretty close! (You get the idea!) It's hard for us to try and remember all the responsibilities and tasks we have for ourselves on a day to day basis and then on top of that try and remember other people's birthdays, achievements, and important moments. On today's "Tuesday Tips" I've got some tips to help with remembering everything you have to do for yourself, while ensuring that you are still being a good friend, sibling, partner, co-worker, etc. (The list really is never ending!)

1. Use an agenda or your smart phone calendar! I use both my own agenda and the calendar on my phone. It helps me make sure I'm keeping track of all my appointments and meetings but also helps with remembering special occasions and important things going on for my friends and family too.

2. Plan ahead. An example? I purchase all my cards (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) a month in advance. I have people's special occasions written down in my agenda and prepare accordingly. That way, if I need to send a card out of town, I can have it ready to be mailed.

3. Make the effort. I know it's hard. Sometimes I don't know how I remember everything and do everything that I do but it's so important. We all lead our own lives and we are all so busy with everything we have to do but make the effort. Put the shoe on the other foot and take into perspective how you'd feel if someone mailed you a card, sent you a thoughtful text, etc. It's one of the best feelings to make others around us feel good. Show the people who are around you and important to you that, regardless of being a busy bee, you remember them and you are thinking of them.

How do you make sure you stay on top of all the things you have to do? How do you ensure you remember important things for the people around you? Comment. Share.
-Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment