Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Twenty Something Diary: 5 Closet Essentials


I'm the girl who has a closet full of clothes but still insists that I need new clothes and I have nothing to wear. Now, I'm no fashion expert but, in the past year or so, I've come to learn that there are some essential pieces that ladies just have to have in their closets and these pieces can definitely help with the "I have nothing to wear" syndrome.

My FAB FIVE Closet Essentials that every girl (especially in her twenties) should have:

1. A great black skirt. Whether you like something loose or more fitted, it's essential to have a great black skirt that you can pair with any top in your closet. 

2. A blazer. It's one of those pieces that will always pay itself off by being in your closet. You can take it from a day time look (for an interview or in the office) to a great night time look (a work party or chic bar scene with your girls). 

3. A print or vibrant coloured top. This is perfect to pair with that black skirt or under that essential blazer. It makes any basic piece its paired with really stand out and enhances an outfit in no time. 

4. The classic black dress (LBD). I've definitely come to learn that this LBD can come in handy for many different occasions (especially those nights when you didn't plan to go out at all!) A chic and comfortable LBD definitely should be in every girl's closet. 

5. A great pair of heels. I've definitely got my favourite pair and I know that there are many girls like me out there that have one too. A pair of heels that can go with anything in your closet or are the most comfortable. Whatever the reason may be as to why you love those heels, you should try and have a pair of these heels. (My favourite heels aren't designer but to me, they're beautiful and make me feel that way too!)

Whatever ends up being in your closet, whether they are these five closet essentials or clothing that is totally different from the norm, you need to remember that you should always dress to make yourself happy. Not everyone wants to, or should follow the definitions of society. Dress to make yourself feel beautiful!

What are some essentials you have to have in your closet? Comment. Share. 

-Xo



No comments:

Post a Comment