Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Twenty Something Diaries: "Fridge Essentials"

 
As a busy person, eating healthy can be a challenge. I continuously am challenging myself to cut things that are unhealthy for my body from my diet and that only really happens when I'm prepared. What's that saying, "Failing to plan is planning to fail." This is why I also challenge myself to meal prep each week. It only takes an hour or two, but the best way to ensure that meal prep doesn't take you more than that a week, is all based on how you organize your grocery list (you know much I love my lists).
 
I'm sharing a few tips that I use for the weekly grocery shop, along with my own "Fridge Essentials" list. Enjoy!
 
1. Shop weekly. Sometimes it's hard to get to the grocery store every week with everything else we need to get done, but it really is the best way to ensure you are saving money and not wasting food. You buy what you need.
 
2. Lists! You already know they are my favourite things to make (YES!), but I swear, it makes life easier! I have a monthly & weekly list. This way I know what I need to buy and when.
 
3. "Fridge Essentials!" Speaking of lists (ha!), this one, as it's name suggests, is essential. I know the basics of what I need to purchase every week. These are foods I consume regularly and some of the foods are essential (pun totally intended) in most of my dishes.
 
"Fridge Essentials" list. Enjoy!
 
1. Mushrooms. LOVE THEM (in anything)!
2. Happy Planet Soup - I love all their selections!
3. Peppers. All the colours of the rainbow!
4. Bean sprouts. Healthy, quick and easy to prepare!
5. Tofu (Firm/Extra Firm). I'm not big on meat, so this is one way for my body to get the protein it needs.
6. Salmon. Another form of protein for my body but also so delicious and easy to prepare.
7. Pear Harvest Couscous. It has so many delicious ways to prepare.
8. Pears. I'm not a huge fan of apples so pears are my go to for a quick snack or when I'm on the go.
 
What are some tips you have for grocery shopping? Comment. Share.
--
Xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment