Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Twenty Something Diaries: "Young Women, Big Dreams" (PART 2)

Twenty Something Diaries Series:
"Young Women, Big Dreams"
Ambition and drive for success is something I believe to be two very important features in individuals. I find it even more important for young women to have this drive for success. I am continuously pushing myself to be a better individual and I admire women, especially young women in today's society, who not only empower themselves, but one another. Last week was the first of a three part special feature in the Twenty Something Diaries Series about young women and their big dreams. In case you missed it, these blog posts will feature young, ambitious and inspiring women that I've grown up with, or worked with, that are becoming amazing women in today's society. 


The second edition of this series features a young woman who encompasses all things beautiful. She is a beauty inside and out and has an exquisite taste for life. 
Read my interview with Kaela Malozewski.

Kaela, tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hi! I’m Kaela, a twenty-two year old student and blogger/freelance writer. I am obsessed with succulents, my dog Cody, and powerful R&B/Soul singing women!

What is your current career path/area of study?
I am currently completing a degree in Communication and have studied corporate communication and marketing public relations in the past. As much as I enjoy the fast-pace nature of this industry, my true passions lie in writing, and online design that is very aesthetically pleasing.

What’s on your plate currently?
Ha! This year, I am back at school all while struggling/working through and with my anxiety disorder…which in itself, is exhausting but rewarding. I am most definitely a dreamer and at any given time, I have a trillion plans and ideas for projects floating around in my head. At this moment, I am working on getting into a routine that includes my schooling, work as a research assistant and freelance writer, the responsibilities that come with being a new dog-mommy, and getting back to doing the things that fuel my happiness like blogging, designing, dancing, yoga, and photography.

What motivates you, or drives you to succeed?
I have a very strong ego that certainly gets in the way of my motivation. As a kid, everything always came to me very naturally, but as I am getting older, I am finding that my interests now lie in more challenging/competitive fields, and in order for me to succeed, I need to challenge myself to be the best version of myself I can be. At this time in my life, social media is a constant source of inspiration for me. Now I do realize that not everything that is shared on those platforms is authentic, but I follow up-and-coming writers, under the radar musicians, and talented yogis who always manage to get me off my butt and geared into action!

Future plans for yourself?
My one goal at the moment is to get my degree. Every single day is a battle between myself and my thoughts, but it’s a battle I am determined to win. Apart from that, I would like to become a more positive, mindful individual. I also hope to work my ass off until I am able to do what I love for a living!

Comment. Share.
--
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment