Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Twenty Something Diaries: "Young Women, Big Dreams"

Twenty Something Diaries Series:
"Young Women, Big Dreams"
Ambition and drive for success is something I believe to be two very important features in individuals. I find it even more important for young women to have this drive for success. I am continuously pushing myself to be a better individual and I admire women, especially young women in today's society, who not only empower themselves, but one another. Last week was the second of a three part special feature in the Twenty Something Diaries Series about young women and their big dreams. In case you missed it, these blog posts will feature young, ambitious and inspiring women that I've grown up with, or worked with, that are becoming amazing women in today's society. 

The third edition of this series features a young woman who is the definition of hard work and ambition. I've had the privilege of growing up with her and watching her grown into a smart, talented and beautiful young woman. Read my interview with Narelle Allen.

 Narelle, tell us a little bit about yourselves.
Hello, my name is Narelle Allen. I am 23 years old. There’s nothing really crucial to know about me. Black is my favorite color (it’s a color to me), that is pretty much all you need to know about me. 

What is your current career path/area of study?
I just Graduated Special Events Planning at George Brown College, I definitely want to pursue Event Planning, and one day open my own company (that is my dream). I have been in the event planning industry for almost 3 years and have truly always wanted to pursue event planning.  I work full time at an RESP company at the moment!!

What’s on your plate currently?
I just got a new place (SUPER  YAY!), I work with an event planner on the weekends/ whenever I can ... and, oh yeah and I work Monday – Friday, so super busyyyyy!!!

What motivates you?/What drives you to succeed?
 I am inspired daily, by everything.
At the beginning of this year what motivated me to succeed in school was knowing I’m going to graduate and knowing that I am one step closer to my dream.
Then working full time since March motivated me to save for my own place/ save for my future, pay off any debt I have (OSAP)
Now working full time + doing event planning on the side motivates me for my future.
To start my own business, to save to put a down payment on a condo. To just save in general, nothing BAD can come out of saving your money.
I’ve also learnt to spend my money on experiences, try to go as much new places as possible, try and experience as much new food and scenery as possible because ... why not?
 I just set yearly and monthly goals and challenge myself to reach them.

Future plans for yourself?
 To just be happy no matter what I am doing in my life. I can’t predict my future, but I can control my attitude.

Would like to add anything else?
 Never ever give up on anything/ anyone that is important to you, ever. 


Comment. Share.
--
Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment