Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Twenty Something Diaries: "Adding to Tradition"

Adding to Tradition...
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, second to Christmas of course! But I love both holidays for the idea of spending time with family and friends and enjoying company. The traditional Thanksgiving can be a bit repetitive each year. This year I wanted to make it a little more fun.

I decided to take of the crazes of this generation and put it to work. A selfie stick and selfie props. I created props that were Thanksgiving themed, so when my family and I get together tomorrow, I know we'll have a blast taking different photos. Don't worry, I plan to share them on the blog too.



Here are some other ideas to make the Traditional Thanksgiving a tad more fun:

- Make your own dessert table; Bake a batch of cupcakes or cookies and have all the fixings (icing, sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.) ready for your friends and family. Everyone can decorate and enjoy their own.

- Board games; A really fun way to get people involved, socializing and doing something other than sitting on their phones.

- Baking competition; Pick one dessert and have two or three people make their own versions and the family can enjoy trying each one and declaring a winner.

- Thanksgiving/Fall crafts; This is great for families that have a lot of younger children. You're able to get them involved in something and keep them busy and avoid them running around the house.

What do you do for Thanksgiving?
Comment. Share.
--
Xo



No comments:

Post a Comment