Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wednesday Workout Favourites: Workouts!


It's Wednesday and you know what that means...another Wednesday Workout Favourite! In case you aren't following, every Wednesday for the month of January, I'll be putting together posts to help with those fitness resolutions. The three part series titled "Wednesday Workout Favourites"  will focus on my favourite things to help keep you motivated for, and at the gym. Last week was all about the music that keeps you moving at the gym (http://funfabfree.blogspot.ca/2015/01/wednesday-workout-favourites.html). This week, it's all about the workouts!

Life can get so busy sometimes and it's hard to get yourself to the gym all the time. We're human and it's okay not to go all the time or allow yourself to get busy but make sure when you do make it to the gym, you get in a great workout. I've picked 5 easy workouts (some of these can even be done at home or outside) that focus on all different aspects of your body. Enjoy! 

                                         My FAB Five Workouts:



1. This workout is great for your triceps! I usually do 3 sets and I love to increase the weight for each set.

2. This is great for a good ab workout! I start with 20 reps, then 15 reps and then 10 reps. I also like to do this exercise with my legs straight out which really works out that core.

3. Leg presses are amazing for your glutes, calves and butt! I never thought I would be able to do these but I love that I can now! Again, increasing the weight and decreasing the reps as I go. (Shout out to Charissa for taking my photos - she killed this workout!)

4. Squats! I love these!! You can do them anywhere. I usually do a rotation of 20 squats, 20 figure skater squats and 20 lunges! Building that tush!

5. The easiest workout of all (and why I didn't post a picture of it)...cardio! It can be a drag to be on a cardio machine for an hour or even half an hour, but cardio does help! It's also a perfect stress reliever (I do some of my best thinking while getting in my daily cardio)

What are some of your favourite workouts to do at the gym? Comment. Share.
-Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment